August has been packed with adventure. I thought I would share some of my favourite moments with you guys:
1. Smoke bombs and yogis. Prairie Love Festival is just two weeks away. This is an epic weekend of adventure, exploration and yoga in the coolest natural environment. I co-created this festival last year with one of my besties Rachelle. She's taken on Prairie Love Festival solo this year (this girl works SO hard), gathering some of the most amazing yoga teachers from all across Canada. The weekend is packed with music, wilderness, connection and yoga. You can scoop up tickets here if you're into new experiences and celebrating the last hoorah of summer in a really cool way!
I got to shoot Prairie Love Festival's promotional campaign in the Manitoba floodway. It was just us, the tall grasses and about a million mosquitos. Thanks to Marisa, Demetra, Rachelle, Nikki, and Noah for lending their bendy bodies and beautiful faces for the shoot!
2. Boudoir sessions at The Fort Garry Hotel. I'm a total sucker for shooting in vintage locations. A few weeks ago I shot a GORGEOUS boudoir session in a suite at this historic hotel. Justine Barry, my go-to hair and makeup gal beautified my client - I can't wait to share this session with you guys!
3. Teaming up with my work wife Kat. This woman is everything. You know how you just meet someone and click so hard, so fast? That's Kat. She's an amazingly talented photographer, has the funniest personality and makes 12 hour weddings feel like a few short hours.
4. Spending time outside of the city. August provided me with so many opportunities to shoot in the country. St.Norbert, Brandon, Clear Lake, Lake of the Woods... I've put a few miles on my car, but so, so worth it. Nothing beats the fresh air, wild flowers, tall grasses and the most incredible harvest moon I've ever seen. Everything is slower in the country. It's just good for the soul.
5. Rediscovering music of old. Joni Mitchell has been on replay during my editing sessions lately. So freaking GOOD. Play the video below for an hour of sweet, sweet jams.
Urge For Going 00:00 // Chelsea Morning 05:00 // Big Yellow Taxi 7:30 // Woodstock 9:50
The Circle Game 15:20 // Carey 20:10 // California 23:10 // You Turn Me On I'm A Radio 27:10
Raised On Robbery 29:50 // Help Me 32:50 // Free Man In Paris 36:15 // River 39:16
Chinese Cafe 43.20 // Come In From The Cold 48:35 // Both Sides Now 56:05